Floating Island Games
Based in Lubbock, Texas
September 21, 2016 (Early Access)
July 26, 2017 (official release)
Steam (Windows, Mac and Linux)
You are lost in the depths of a gas giant mining station where things have gone very, very wrong. Move terrain to clear paths, defeat enemies, and launch yourself skyward. Get ready to shoot a lot of robots and jump into the colorful clouds of Cloudbase Prime!
The abandoned world in those clouds is full of weird and wonderful dangers. You'll find new weapons and powers for your robot suit as you descend into its depths. Discover friendly robots, discover murdery robots, grappling-hook onto enemy airships, fight giant bosses, and swim inside huge floating jellyfish.
How It Plays
Here's the kind of stuff you'll do while playing Cloudbase Prime:
- Jump while shooting
- Blow up mech walkers leg by leg and then watch their stupid heads roll off a cliff and fall into the clouds below
- Raise/lower terrain to open paths, launch enemies, launch yourself, or stop a homing missile from hitting you in the face
- Upgrade your robot suit with new weapons, powers, and ammo to use in fast, bouncy combat
- Slow down time to select from your powers and weapons at a leisurely pace via the strategy HUD
- Launch yourself with terrain to fly high and charge your boost engines
- Discover why robots are mutating and acting all evil via fully animated and voiced in-game story bits
- Save lots of grinning fixbots
- Blow up some real big bosses
- Explore varied levels, plumbing the weird depths of a gas giant's robotic wilderness. Climb huge robotic trees, ride a jet dragon, swim inside giant floating jellyfish, and find lost cities in the clouds!
Cloudbase Prime started its life as a 7DFPS entry in 2012. Tyrus designed the game to be a fun first person platformer with a jump/launch mechanic that required the player look down. This was partially inspired by how good the platforming in "Jumping Flash!" felt, but hoped to be more actiony with mouse-look aim and terrain-moving super powers. Tyrus liked it, and other people liked it, too. So he kept working on it, intermittently. He started working on it full-time in late 2015.
Cloudbase Prime Launch Trailer
Cloudbase Prime beta footage
Cloudbase Prime alpha 0.11 footage
"Ridiculous, Over-the-Top, Hilarious and Simply Spectacular."
- Damien Smith, GameSkinny
"Great visuals, fun gameplay and hilarious audio make this a game we can't recommend highly enough."
- Calum Fraser, Alpha Beta Gamer
About Floating Island Games
Floating Island Games is a small dev team composed of Tyrus Peace. Its goal is to make modern games that remind of old feelings. Tyrus has been making games, off and on, since the late 90s. He quit his job to raise a family and develop games in 2015. So now that's called Floating Island Games! The games part. The baby is not part of Floating Island Games LLC.